Saturday, May 30, 2015

Green Smoothies


Spinach is one of my favorite vegetables because of all the nutrients it contains. Vitamin A, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin K, magnesium, iron, zinc, and potassium are some of the nutrients in spinach. Spinach can be sautéed and added to quiche or the raw leaves can be added to a smoothie to make it “green”.

When I make green smoothies I avoid using juice as the liquid. I prefer almond milk with extra protein. Green smoothies are not meant to be used for detoxing or juicing. They are a sweet, healthy, green treat.

My favorite green smoothie recipe is as follows:

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 container banana greek yogurt
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup strawberries (about 8)
  • 2 cups spinach


Directions:
  1. Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender. Enjoy!

 
Why I like this recipe:

  • It contains 2 servings of dairy or dairy equivalent, 2 servings of vegetables, and 3 servings of fruit.
  • It is a convenient way to get nutrients


Samantha's Notes:

  • I use So Delicious Unsweetened Almond Milk + Protein
 
Nutrition facts:

(1 serving)

  • Calories- 267
  • Fat (g)- 2.7
  • Carbs (g)- 46.9
  • Sugar (g)- 28.1
  • Protein (g)- 20.7



 

No comments:

Post a Comment